– 2 handfuls frozen corn
– 2 handfuls snap peas
– 3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
– 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
– Handful of spinach per bowl
– 1/3 cup pickled beets
– Tablespoon of sauerkraut
– rice OR My House Families’ Amazing Basmati Rice*🍚
– Handful of hemp hearts per bowl
– The Basic Peanut Sauce (recipe below)
– Tablespoon of organic re-fried beans
Procedures to get your bowl on:
– Get your rice cooking. One cup of rice to two cups of water. (or that kick ass Amazing Basmati rice at the *🍚 footnote)
– Boil your carrots and sweet potatoes.
– Cook your corn
– Steam your snap peas
– Start the base of your bowl with the spinach, add your beans, pickled beets and sauerkraut. Add the cooked carrots, sweet potatoes and corn and steamed peas.
– Go on, add that scoop (or two) of rice. You know you want to.
– Top off with The Basic Peanut Sauce: a tablespoon of peanut butter, a tablespoon of gluten free soy sauce. A tablespoon of maple syrup and about a quarter cup of almond coconut milk. If you’re feelin’ it: a generous squeeze of siracha. Mix that up and drizzle away.
That ish is delish. Go ahead. Customize. Mix and match. Add that craving. Top it with chicken. Top it with cheese. Nourish bowls are a delicious experimentation of tastes.
*🍚 My House Families’ Amazing Basmati Rice:
My best friend’s family let me move in with them the year that I graduated, and the rice that they made… Mm!
Her Mum would heat up a smidgen of olive oil, add the basmati when it was at that sizzling point of hot… and then throw a smattering of turmeric, cardamom and sometimes cinnamon in there. I add medium curry powder for extra flavour when I’m making bowls!